I’ve received this incredible annotated map of a day in the life of Liz Steel. It makes me feel like a complete slacker, but I love this postcard! Here’s her numbered guide to the whole extravaganza:
1. walk south along/across the Sydney Harbour bridge
2. visit Tara Tearoom with sketching buddy Alissa
3. walk past the building I intend to draw and take photo as the sun is in the right location, then walk through the city to get to the gardens for Sketchabout Week I – after great time sketching and afternoon tea with 8 fellow sketchers, leave garden
4. walk around circular quay, dodge tourists
5. sketch for you (that would be me!) looking into the sun
6. too late for Parker’s Art Store this week
7. back across the bridge, including sketchLiz describes it as an unusually crazy day, but if you follow her blog, you will know she does this sort of thing ALL THE TIME!