Saturday 16 July 2011

A rampant garden, a postcard from Bridget to Ronelle

Bridget's garden is only three years old, but already so rampant that she suspects something is buried there. I would like to believe there is...wouldn't' that be just a great story!

...a rampant garden.
acrylic on paper

This is a lovely Bridget piece, with her signature written all over it...beautiful in color and atmosphere and her free spirit and easy going, carefree character is caught up in every stroke.

...detail...



Few things please me more than experiencing the freedom of expression through either a painting or a drawing, a written piece, a poem, a design, a corner of a home, or even something as simple as a fresh salad...when it comes from the heart, it is honest. True and strong. Exciting. It brings along changes. What more do we want.

Thank you Bridget, for expressing yourself in such a free and spontaneous way. I love my card.

10 comments:

Making A Mark said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! I love paintings of gardens - especially rampant ones - and this is special.

I'm very jealous.

Albrecht Rissler said...

yes, very special, interesting abstraction in colors and shapes. Love it!

Robyn Sinclair said...

I'm very jealous too! Both of Ronelle having the card and Bridget being able to paint like that.

Fabulous.

Alison Staite said...

Wow, don't those purples and pinks just sing! Very clever!

Desiree's Designs said...

Wonderful! Love your style and love what Ronell had to say about the card,perfect

vivien said...

what a fantastically rampant garden - very Giverny :>)

Papierflieger said...

I hope the garden is still in bloom when I get my card :). really beautiful.

Pat said...

Ronelle your post is so discriptive and really shows off this wonderful painting. Bridget, love the image of your gardens richness. Lovely.

Charlene Brown said...

I love this (barely) domesticated version of Bridget's triumphant landscape style -- brilliantly described by Ronelle!

Bridget Hunter said...

Thankyou all for the encouraging comments. I think working in acrylics on thick watercolour paper seems to be the best way for me with these cards.